life with a coach, three kids, and a full time job....

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Two More Weeks!

If all goes well, there are two weekends of basketball left.  Area tournament is this coming weekend...winning one game of that puts us in the state tournament next weekend.  (Not winning in Area is not an option to be considered!)

I've been terribly reluctant to post much about this season.  Partly because if I give too many details, I pretty much blow the anonymity I've been trying to hold on to.  Partly because I'm terrified to jinx it!!

So without getting too specific, I will say that this is the best season my husband has ever had.  Maybe the best season his school has ever had, but since the school's been around a lot longer than we have, and I'm too lazy to look it up, I won't make any claims on that.

It's been fairly peaceful around our house this year....more so than most seasons in the past.  He's working just as hard as ever, but up to this point he's been a lot less stressed.

And the people who like to complain about the coach(ing)  haven't seemed to find much to complain about this year, once the season got started.

The only problem now?  When everything goes so well, the expectation becomes that everything will continue to go well. 

Meaning some significant disappointment if  it doesn't.

But I'm not thinking that direction.

It makes my stomach hurt.

Two more weeks decides it all.

Pray for us!

1 comment:

  1. I am loving your blog!!! We just finished our season this weekend! I have 3 kiddos and a full time job too, so definitely understand the craziness :) Congrats on the great season! Our team had not gotten this far since 1974, so it was very exciting for us too. Hope all goes great!!!!
    ~Autumn
    http://thecoachswidow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete