life with a coach, three kids, and a full time job....

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Someone's in the Kitchen....

Well, so tonight I had HELP in the kitchen. Remember last night when I said tv was my friend during dinner prep? Yeah, it didn’t work tonight. The girls (ages 2 and 4, remember) decided they wanted to help. And blame it on temporary insanity, I didn’t chase them out. Or bribe them with snacks. I let them stay in there. And “help.” I was making quiche (bacon and swiss…can’t wait to see how it turns out!), and I figured it was probably something I could handle their kind of help with.

We survived. I’m fairly certain supper survived, too, but we’ll have to see. It smells good, at least! I do think that I said “no, don’t do that!” and “no, put that down!” about a million times. And I have no idea how I ended up needing to wash 6 different measuring cups and three measuring spoons when I think I only used a couple! Well, other than the fact that that particular drawer is directly in front of where they were standing, so spoons and cups kept coming out to be dipped in the bowl. Grrrr. If and when I do this again, we’ll have to rethink the standing areas!

I’m fairly certain they enjoyed it, though. And with any luck, having helped fix it will make it more appealing to eat. My kids are not terribly picky eaters…they’re just random. Things they loved at one meal might easily take 2 hours to eat at another. Since I’m on my own for supper tonight, without the mean voice of Daddy to back me up, I’m truly hoping for easy!

Especially since getting supper ready was so decidedly NOT easy!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you're creating memories with your girls! Hope dinner was yummy!

    ReplyDelete