life with a coach, three kids, and a full time job....

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Back to Life…Back to Reality….


Woke up this morning to a new normal. Yesterday we had a beautiful service for my Granddad. I am so unbelievably proud to be his granddaughter. The things he did and the lives he touched…countless stories could be told (and cried over). I think it will be awfully fun to be in Heaven near him one day and listen to all of his spiritual children come tell him their stories. We’ve heard a few this past weekend, but I know there are millions more to be told.

But today….well, today is different. Much of the family has gone home, goodbyes have been said, and now we go on with our lives.

The New Normal.

The world in which I no longer have any living grandparents. The world in which Dad suddenly has a lot more free time…no more taxi service to doctor visits and to Jim’s for lunch. The world in which I have imaginary conversations with Granddad to tell him of things that remind me of him. The world in which we have to imagine – in spite of the fact that he was hardly allowed to say the word “dance” as a child – he is dancing happily down the streets of Heaven, singing happily, and feeling great.

And the world in which, sadly, I still have messes to clean and loads (and LOADS) of laundry to do.

The world seems a little emptier today, but I am so grateful for the memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment