life with a coach, three kids, and a full time job....

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Zacchaeus Was a Wee Little Man

We learned at church last Sunday that Zacchaeus was a wee little man, and that he climbed up in a “sycamus” tree. Now, if you learned the song any differently, please don’t tell C…she likes it that way. It’s driving T1 nuts, but there’s no arguing with her. And, honestly? I kind of want to enjoy this mis-speak for a while. After all, it doesn’t last nearly long enough.

Once upon a time, it was T, with his “peeceypacer” (pacifier). No oversimplification of words for him – he goes for the complicated pronunciations! And it was impossible for him to say “ch.” It sort of came through his nose in a snort kind of sound. I tried lots of times to mimic it and never could get it quite right. You should have heard him say “church” – especially when he had a cold!

Now it is C, with her desire to take a “maza-gine” to read at the “Bak-setball” game. And her sycamus tree.

I know, soon it will be T2’s turn, and she’ll have all kinds of entertaining words for us, but I don’t want to hurry anything along.

They outgrow it, and we mourn a little. I guess if they didn’t outgrow it, we would mourn more than a little. But for now, if you sing the Zacchaeus song with my C, will you sing her version? I want to enjoy my view of the “sycamus trees” for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment