life with a coach, three kids, and a full time job....

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Calling Dr. Love

I’ve been making it my habit to come home from school each day and immediately change clothes and spend 30 or so minutes on the elliptical we have at home. If I’m quick to get home, I can get the workout in before T1 gets off the bus and before the girls are up from their naps (meaning I can exercise in peace!). Then I can grab a shower and still be ready to start supper on time. It works well. Usually.

Plus, I’ve been avoiding my Sonic stops on the way home, because I don’t have time, and can’t want one when I’m working out. It’s been working well for me. Mostly.

Yesterday, well, not so much. I was worn out, feeling lazy, my feet hurt because I wore bad shoes (yeah, yeah, I can feel the sympathy oozing out of you!)…anyway, I decided I didn’t feel like tackling the elliptical that day. And to really blow self-discipline out of the water, I stopped at Sonic and grabbed a Dr. Pepper on the way home. And because we needed to make a grocery run, I didn’t have a meal planned out ready to cook, so when my husband called on the way home and suggested we do half-price wings at Buffalo Wild Wings, I jumped at it.

Ummmm….remember my Monday post? The one about eating healthy, working out, inspiring my husband to do the same? You know, because I was worried about his future health?

Well, would you pretend that you never read it?

Thanks.

If I re-discover my self-discipline, I’ll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment