life with a coach, three kids, and a full time job....

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Crazy Mondays, Vol. 2

So first there was the lovely Monday that I enjoyed at home with my kids, thanks to C catching some stomach bug. And I really enjoyed the day at home. So much that I told my cousin that I wished I could do that more often. Yeah, be careful what you wish for, I know…so T1 launches himself off the brick mailbox and breaks his arm, and I end up staying home a second day. Again, I enjoyed it, although I'd rather not have to stay home for that reason again. The rest of the week was fairly busy, playing catch up at school, and by Friday afternoon, I was worn out. Sometime in the middle of my last class of the day, I realized that it was almost the weekend, and that – even better – we didn't really have any plans, and it was going to be a nice relaxing weekend! Yay! We needed that!

Again, be careful what you wish for.

By the time my husband got home, I was sick as anything…shaky, queasy, flat-out miserable. I spent the entire weekend in bed. So yes, it was relaxing, although I use that word very loosely! It's a good thing I married a man who enjoys his kids and doesn't mind fixing meals and changing diapers. Because he had to do it all…no help from me! By Sunday night I was a couple pounds lighter and definitely weaker, and sick of being in bed.

Fortunately, I had planned (after I found out my jury duty had been bumped back a week – there's "crazy Mondays, Vol.3") to take the morning off and go to an assembly at my husband's school recognizing his team's win at state. I would have been worthless at school. And to make life more interesting, Grandma had a doctor's appointment to go to, and our substitute babysitter that day (Aunt "Mamber") was down with the same lovely stomach bug…so I'd have been home with the kids again anyway.

So kids loaded in the van, Sonic picked up, and off to the high school. Whew. A lot to handle. Isn't being a mom fun?

Yep, just another manic Monday…but surely next Monday will be easier, right?

Oh, sure. By the time the next Monday was over, I was thinking that I would be more than grateful to spend the last few Mondays of the school year actually AT school….

To be continued…..

No comments:

Post a Comment