life with a coach, three kids, and a full time job....

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

This is how we do “sick” around here…

One of those lovely bugs floating around out there has hit this house. My husband usually gets something at some point during the basketball season, but it's usually much later in the season. I'm always harping on him to get more rest, so he doesn't get hit with these things. I don't think I can blame this one on him over-doing it - it's too early in the season. Although don't imagine that he let it slow him down much!

My much-too-stubborn husband woke up sick yesterday morning, but refuses to let "sick" mean "rest." He did rest – some – he didn't have a whole lot of choice. But one of the biggest games of the season is tonight, and yesterday's practice was too important to miss. So I somehow let him talk me into driving him to the school so he could run part of practice. Are you wondering how in the world he could run a practice when he's too sick to even drive? Yeah, I thought the same, but he managed. Even managed to find some energy and temper when they weren't getting the point he was making. And then he came home and crashed, of course.

As a side note, it was really interesting to watch practice. I would enjoy it more if I weren't worried about him racing out and puking! I'll have to go back sometime, I think.

Today was all about resting up so he'd be able to go coach the game tonight. Can't let a little virus keep him away from basketball.

I'd be tempted to give him a hard time except for the fact that I got hit with the same bug last night. I've spent the whole day in bed, until T1 got off the bus (Grandma took the girls to her house today so we wouldn't have to worry about them…thank you thank you!!). All I really want to do right now is crawl back into bed…this is one miserable, achy feeling. But unless I get sick overnight again, I'll be at school tomorrow. We have a concert next Tuesday, and I can't afford to miss another day.

Hmmm….don't guess I sound too different from him, do I?

1 comment:

  1. I had a bug last week, so I feel your pain. I still had piano lessons the two days I was sick, because we had our recital last night! Feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete